Satellites & Space Telescopes
From light-weighted structures to optical scanners, General Dynamics delivers the unmatched accuracy and reliability to meet the most demanding requirements for space-based missions.
General Dynamics offers a deep expertise in the manufacturing and fabrication of precision optical components and structures, from infrared (IR) lenses to light-weighted beryllium structures. We are equipped to deliver scalable mission critical solutions, from low volume, high complexity solutions to mass production programs.
Our precision machining services are currently supporting satellite and space telescope programs including:
- James Webb Space Telescope (JWST)
- Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES)
- Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS)
- Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS)
- Ice, Cloud,and land Elevation Satellite (ICESat I & II)